Employment at Evil Mad Scientist
Evil Mad Scientist designs, manufactures, ships, and supports writing and drawing machines, soldering kits, and related products.
What you should know before applying:
- We are a small business in Sunnyvale California.
- All positions are currently on-site, not remote.
- Due to COVID-19, we have rigorous policies about mask use and handwashing in place.
- Our business hours are 9 AM - 6 PM, Monday through Friday.
- Health and dental benefits are available to our full time employees.
- We have a full-time shop cat. Being able to perform your duties with a cat present is a requirement.
- We are a small, family-owned company. We do not have time for flakes.
- We contact references and perform background checks on potential hires.
We expect our employees to:
- Be enthusiastic and reliable.
- Have great attention to detail.
- Be able to listen and to follow instructions carefully.
- Prioritize safety for themselves and fellow employees.
- Be flexible to work on a variety of different tasks.
- Be able to perform basic mathematics on the spot.
- Let us know when they figure out better ways to do things.
- Ask for help when they need it.
Interested in an open position?
Please e-mail email@example.com
Assembly and shipping assistant, full time
- Pack and ship orders each morning.
- Pick and count small components from inventory.
- Perform light duty mechanical manufacturing and assembly tasks as needed.
- Operate hand tools in support of those tasks.
- Listen to and precisely follow protocols for assembly.
- This is an entry level position
- Training will be provided for all required tasks.
- The ability to pick up boxes (up to 40 Lbs) from shelves is required.
- The ability to operate basic hand tools (e.g., screwdrivers) is required.
- The ability to stand in one place for a while will be helpful.
- The ability to speak and read English is required.
- Experience in light duty manufacturing and assembly will be viewed favorably, but is not required.
- Experience in shipping will be viewed favorably, but is not required.
About this position:
- Compensation starts at $20/hour.
- This position is full time, for 40 hours/week.